A classical cultural 2 night stay at Ballymaloe House at a unique price on Thursday 31st May and Friday 1st June
Stay at Ballymaloe House and enjoy two highlights of the Blackwater Valley Opera Festival for a unique cultural adventure. Relax at Ballymaloe House for two nights B&B and let us take the stress out of traveling to and from the following two carefully chosen high calibre Blackwater Valley Opera Festival performances, at Lismore Castle and Dromore Yard.
Internationally renowned, Swiss cellist Nadège Rochat, plays music by Ina Boyle and traces similarities with the work of Gabriel Fauré. The concert continues with Franck’s beautiful Sonata for violoncello and piano, concluding with a flourish, with Paganini’s Variations on a theme from ‘Mosè in Egitto’ by Rossini. Accompanied by Dearbhla Collins on Piano, this promises to be a very special concert in the Blackwater Valley’s romantic new venue.
L’Italiana in Algeri
The Blackwater Valley Opera Festival is delighted to present Gioachino Rossini’s tale of intrigue, comedic mischance, and the triumph of love – and of strong women – all in the beautiful surroundings of Lismore Castle! L’Italiana in Algeri was premiered in Venice in 1813, and has been delighting audiences for more than 200 years. Fusing sustained energy, with elegant melodies, the opera tells the tale of Elvira and Isabella, who must together make a plan to ensure that love will conquer all. Elvira loves Mustafa, and Isabella loves Lindoro. Of course it wouldn’t be a Rossini opera if the path to happiness was smooth, but as it is a Rossini opera, there is plenty of wonderful music along the way to the final rousing resolution.
This unique Classical cultural Blackwater Valley Opera Festival package at only €460pp includes:
- Tea and cake in the Drawing room at Ballymaloe House on arrival Thursday afternoon 31st May.
- Transfer to and from Ballymaloe House to Dromore Yard (approx.. 50 minutes) Thursday evening.
- Wildside Catering pre-performance 3-course spit-roast supper at 6pm at Dromore Yard
- Tickets to internationally renowned, Swiss cellist Nadege Rochat’s recital performance starting at 8.15pm
- Leisurely award-winning Ballymaloe breakfast and the opportunity to make the house your home for the day or enjoy everything East Cork has to offer; we recommend you visit Jameson Distillery Midleton or walk the famous Ballycotton Cliff Walk or simply enjoy the house and gardens.
- Transfer to and from Ballymaloe House to Lismore Castle (approx. 50 minutes) on Friday evening.
- Tickets to L’Italiana in Algeri and a ‘Picnic Plate’ dinner (more formal seated dinner option available on request). The castle gardens open to ticket holders at 5.30pm, dinner at 6pm and performance starts at 8.15pm sharp.
- 2 nights Bed & Breakfast at Ballymaloe House in a standard room.